Monday, February 2, 2009

iTunes conundrum

Alright audiophiles I have a question for you...

I'm struggling with what feels like an exponentially growing music library that is already threatening to be bigger than my computer's hard drive, and that's without converting my CD library to digital.

What I notice though is that I have lots of albums that I only like a few songs on. I've always had a music purist collectors mentality when it comes to my iTunes in that I feel I must keep albums intact. So my question is this:

Do you keep full albums or do you only keep the songs you like?

3 comments:

Melissa Bond Davis said...

I feel the same way. to keep or not to keep...

I've become quite a music snob recently so i say only keep the songs you like. All the songs that you don't want to put on your ipod or won't put a star next to so they won't show up in your party shuffle: give them the boot!

Stacey said...

I keep the whole album file, but only put the songs I like onto iTunes. It doesn't help the storage situation though. Just like every day life where I keep everything and only bring out what I am going to use.
I'm just a pack rat.

Katie & Keith Bond said...

That is a mighty tough decision...

The music lover in me says keep the whole album. Chuck Klosterman has the entire Britney Spears collection in his library, but has never actually listened to the CDs. He buys them for "cataloging purposes."

Space is important though... Lately I have been putting everything on my external hard drive and then just keeping what I am into at the time on my itunes. It's not as fun because you don't run across those "old gems," but it does help with the space situation.