Monday, October 6, 2008

Utah Mountains in the Fall


Hey, I can post now. (Thanks Stacey!)

Life's been pretty busy with work and haven't made enough progress with the house, but I did get a chance to run up to the hills last Sunday to catch the changing of the leaves on camera.

Wouldn't you know, as soon as I got up to Silver Lake a huge raincloud came into the area and just sat there ruining the light :) but I did get a few shots. I need to reprocess them because they got a little blurry when I lightened them, but you can check them out: http://tinyurl.com/5xcy7w

A cool thing I saw (but couldn't bring myself to take a picture) was a military funeral going on in the woods. They were scattering someone's ashes and they had probably 50 people, a big white tarp spread out, a table full of champagne and glasses, tons of pictures, and a bugler for taps. Looked really cool, a very neat send off.

2 comments:

Melissa Bond Davis said...

You should have taken pictures! I'm glad you made it back to Utah before Winter to see the trees change. Does it feel good to be back near the mountains?

Stacey said...

Those are beautiful. I'm a bit jealous.